Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ham, not my jam

YO yo yo so I wrote a really good entry the other day that didn't save because the internet sucks here so its not my fault that I don't write very often. I think what I said was that I really can't eat anymore ham. Even the smell of ham makes me wanna yak. and the way Pilar stares at us while we choke it down makes me wanna yak too. It's quite scary. But at least we have the huskies. Here's me and jane with neva. At leaast she loves us, even if it's only because she gets our leftover ham.



 What else is new since the last entry? Hmm.. well, we didn't quite make it to Madrid to watch the  national championship. It's not that we didn't want to, believe me, we tried. After we attempted telling the madre how big a deal the game was and even though she didn't advise that we went, she agreed to take us to the train station. Buuuuut no one was there. So then we had to walk back to the casa and we had no idea where we were. We made it though. And the next morning Pilar woke me up with a Buenos Dias. After I remembered who the heck she was I realized that my clock was an hour off. So no wonder we didn't see anyone at the train station. We went an hour early. shoot. But its cool because Auburn won WAR EAGLE anyways. So yesterday and today we had orientation. Oh wait no today was our first day of class. But the two days before were orientation. We were 20 minutes late for our first class because the bus takes forever and I guess because we left later than we should have. That was bad enough and then we realized we were in the wrong class. So then we were REALLY late for our first class, Icons and Traditions of Spain. It's our conversation class. Our teacher is nice and bald. I think it might be kind of hard though. And then we went to Phonetics. I like Ana, the teacher. And there's a good amount of Auburn people in the class. And next was literature with Maria. For some reason she made us start the movie Finding Forrester but it was in English and no one could see because it was so bright in the room. That's another thing I like about SPain - it always seems to be sunny! Love that. What else? Oh ya!! Padre came home from the business trip so we met him! He's kind, doesn't say much though. Looks kinda like nicholas cage, in a Spanish sort of way. But back to the ham. It's like the people here have some kind of connection with ham. We met a lady on the bus today that helped us when we were lost. Her name was carmen and she told us ham was something special. And we went shopping with Pilar and I don't even think they have turkey here. Some ham legs are like $100! or euros or whatever. I think Jane Anne has pictures of them on her blog, which is so much better than mine so you should all just read that. It's spainlovesjane.blogspot.com. They even have ham potato chips! EWW. This picture was taken at a grocery store where me and Jane tried to find peanut butter after we couldn't get down our ham sandwich yesterday. When they didn't have it, we tried to leave and apparently you're only supposed to leave by going through the check out line and it was this big ordeal and they checked her purse. As if we would steal from the grocery store hha it was pretty funny. We were kind of lost in the ghetto of Alcalá at that point, and getting a little delirious. I feel like we are always a little on the delirious side here. Maybe it's part of adjusting ? WHo knows. 

Sorry for the typos, it's siesta time and I;m fallig aslleep. Hasta luego, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment